The accounting manager reports to the controller.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
The accounting manager is responsible for maintaining the integrity of financial information through the supervision of direct reports, ensuring the accuracy of general ledger information, performing a timely month-end close and ensuring finance policies and internal controls are up-to-date and consistently applied. This is a full-time position and is located at the Flower Mound campus.
- Supervise the efficiency, accuracy and productivity of staff responsible for cash receipts and cash disbursements.
- Ensure annual contribution statements are distributed on a timely basis to donors.
- Conduct monthly reviews of staff expense reports ensuring they are accurate, timely and include proper substantiation.
- Maintain accurate general ledger information through reviews and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Record additions, disposals and annual depreciation of fixed assets.
- Assist with the annual budget process and provide monthly variance reporting.
- Assist with the annual audit, providing schedules as requested.
- Ensure finance policies are up-to-date, accurate and properly documented.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- 3 – 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, preferred
- Proven ability to manage and lead
- Advanced knowledge of IRS, DOL and other regulatory agency requirements affecting a church
- Effective communicator (written, verbal, etc.) and detail-oriented
- Proficient with accounting software packages and digital tools (SAP Concur, Abila MIP, Google G Suite, Trello, Microsoft Office, etc.)