The Teaching Pastor reports to the Southlake campus elders. This is a full-time position located at the Southlake campus.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
The Teaching Pastor is responsible for overseeing, shepherding and pastoring the Southlake campus as it transitions to an autonomous church, primarily through the preaching of God’s Word. In addition, the Teaching Pastor is responsible for collaborating with other staff and elders to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for discipleship at the Southlake campus.
- Collaborate with elders and executive staff to develop vision, direction and oversight for the campus
- Provide leadership and direction for preaching at the campus
- Oversee execution of weekend services
- Be spiritually, physically and intellectually prepared to preach at least 40 times per year
- Collaborate with elders and staff to develop and execute a comprehensive discipleship strategy for the campus
- Lead the campus toward becoming an autonomous local church as a campus elder and the primary preaching voice at the campus
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- High regard and competency for the faithful expository preaching of the Word
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of ministerial leadership experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of and training in biblical theology, philosophy and practice of ministry
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and think strategically
- Proficient in administrative systems (Church Management System, Google Drive, etc.)
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, team build, manage conflict, work well on a team and raise up leaders
- Self-starter, good time management, flexible and adaptable