The Facility Manager position reports to the Facilities Director. This is a full-time position located in Flower Mound, Texas.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our children and adults in our ministry programs. We have preventative measures in place to safeguard each child, as well as those who serve them. These preventative measures include awareness training, skillful screening processes, policies and procedures, background checks, and monitoring and oversight to help us maintain compliance and accountability. Furthermore, we understand and follow our reporting obligations in accordance with the state of Texas.
Facility Managers support the ministries of The Village Church by ensuring that the facilities and all necessary resources are in place for ministries. They accomplish this through the supervision and management of the following: custodial staff, outside vendors, building projects, day-to-day building operations, and volunteer management.
- Supervise, lead, and provide guidance to Custodians and Facility Associate
- Manage building and property readiness
- Manage all facility systems (e.g. HVAC, access control, etc.)
- Manage all facility maintenance
- Assist facility director with future planning
- Create and maintain a safe workplace (e.g. fire code, annual inspections)
- Manage facilities volunteer recruitment
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Expectations of Membership, Statement of Faith, and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Experience with both power and hand tools
- Prior facilities work experience
- Ability to make sheetrock, minor electrical, carpentry, and plumbing repairs
- Knowledge of building systems such as fire control systems, HVAC, and basic electrical controls
- Knowledge of building, OSHA, fire, and ADA codes
- Experience with email (Google Apps), Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to manage volunteers
- Ability to bid out projects
- Knowledge and understanding of business policies and practices of the church
- Outgoing and enjoys working with others
- The ability to work and interact with a team
- Proficiency in project management
- Ability to work with architectural and engineering documents
- Effective managerial skills