Baptism is for the individual who has received the saving benefits of Christ's atoning work and become His disciple. In obedience to Christ's command and as a testimony of faith, a believer should be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Water baptism symbolizes a person's union with Christ in the likeness of His death and resurrection. It signifies that a former way of life has been put to death and depicts a release from the mastery of sin. The Village practices and teaches believer's baptism.
We conduct baptisms at our Celebration Services, which take place regularly throughout the year.
Before your baptism, we offer a Baptism Class. The class covers the biblical significance of baptism, frequently asked questions and gives you an opportunity to share your testimony.
- All baptism candidates must attend one Baptism Class prior to baptism.
- Attending Baptism Class does not require you to be baptized if you aren’t ready.
- If you were baptized as a believer prior to The Village, we don’t require you to be baptized again unless your baptism preceded conversion.
We treat the baptism of children with special care and have created a class to help parents of 1st - 5th graders walk through the process with their children. The class lasts three weeks, and you must attend all three classes.
If your child expresses interest in baptism, please follow these steps:
- Register for and complete the Family Baptism Class.
- Schedule an interview with the Children's Ministry staff.
- Schedule the baptism.